In order to use ELKI to do a clustering task, I have downloaded the latest complete release package: elki-0.7.1
The README.PDF says to run elki.sh on OSX. However, after I run the elki.sh with Terminal, it pops the following error:
Error: Could not find or load main class de.lmu.ifi.dbs.elki.application.ELKILauncher
I am sure I have downloaded the complete packages entirely, but still could not run ELKI successfully. Thanks in advance!
Solved
I will show below how you can install Elki in macOS, El Capitan Version 10.11.6.
Installation of ELKI in macOS
brew cask install java
git clone https://github.com/elki-project/elki.git
cd elki
./gradlew shadowJar
./gradlew build
open elki-bundle-0.7.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
where you can see the ELKILauncher.
Example that ELKI is working just fine
Background
You don't have to configure any paths, actually. Questions you may want to ask yourself are
- Did you build the Elki on the command line?
- Do you have the correct Java? You can install it easiest with
brewas shown above.
If you get the single-jar, you should simply be able to run the jar without the script. Or you could clone the git project in Eclipse and run it.
Make sure you have the path names correct, and try using bash to run the script. OSX choices are sometimes a bit odd. Open the script in an editor, and adjust it to your needs (it's a script)





Comments
Post a Comment